Couple of months ago I got really fed up with passwords. If you deal with many websites, it can get to dozens of different passwords. Off course, If you actually have different passwords for each of them. Let’s be honest, I was actually guilty of using the same one over and over.
I found the solution through a youtube video by Nixie, http://youtu.be/RvV698aztNs
With keepass, download here, you can store your logins easily and it’s nicely encrypted and it’s cross platform, meaning you can use it on Windows, Mac and linux.
- Organize your logins using categories (it can be subscriptions, email accounts, banking).
- Generate strong passwords using the Password generator
- Use the copy feature when it’s time to use your password. It stays in memory just long enough for you to paste it in the password field.
- Bring it with you, it has a portable version.
- Back it up just by copying the keepass database file.
I use it daily. If you don’t use a password manager already, you should start now. It’s free and easy to use.